Monday, April 20, 2015

WOW Triple Treat Challenge

This month Words or Whatever had a great challenge on all social media websites that looked like this...


I was excited to receive a gorgeous 'family' set of chipboard in the post which included a Family title, a journal spot with a frame, two love hearts and a hashtag symbol.  With these I have created a layout of my past Design Team at Savvy...these gorgeous girls were so great to work with and I definitely classed them as my scrapbooking family at the time.  Of course, we have all moved on in different directions...some still scrapping and some not...but I will always call these girls my friends!

I started this layout on Saturday night when I was really just not feeling it...so I just started to play and make a mess.  I started with a piece of Bazzill cardstock which already had some gelatos effect on the background, I then added some mist over a mask...I wasn't happy with it so added some ink over the new script TCW template...still not happy so I added some blue paint....actually quite a lot of blue paint but a lot of it is now covered by my photo.  Lastly I added some texture paste with a credit card, swiping it back and forth, and then finally pressing onto it with a piece of plastic gauze.  

I have used papers from a gorgeous new paper kit I bought from SFS called Simple Stories Sn@p Life Documented.  I have fussy cut the arrows on my layout from one of the papers, then simply folded them up a little and glued them down.  I love this effect and will definitely be using this particular paper again in the exact same way.


With these few pieces of the WOW chip, I have left the centre of the journal block raw but on the heart and border I simply painted some red mist onto the chipboard with a paintbrush.  With the hashtag symbol I coloured it in with a black sharpie and then covered with Stickles.


Again with this larger WOW heart I have pained with red mist.  With the WOW 'family' title I coloured onto my chipboard with some gelatos and then rubbed with a baby wipe until the chipboard was fully covered. I then used Stickles over the top and allowed it to dry overnight.


Here is a closeup of my background texture and paint work, along with a gorgeous piece of chip from the Sn@p Life Document Chipboard Stickers.


Thanks Suzanne & team for a great challenge, I really had fun with this and it has inspired me to pull out my big box of random chipboard and start playing with it!

Cheers,
Sar

2 comments:

  1. This looks great Sar! I love how you have altered and used all the chippie pieces, and that background rocks too! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful, the back ground is amazing, and lovely photo too..

    ReplyDelete