Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Day The World Was Red

This layout started as a challenge layout, but after sticking a couple of things down I soon realised that there was a colour combination to be used in the challenge...and it was NOTHING like the colours I needed to use for this photo...so I just went off on my own from there.

This layout was a bit of a mess to start with, first I spilt the open mist bottle...then I had glue everywhere trying to get the tiny little diamontes stuck down...but in the end I walked away happy with what I had created.

The Day The World Was Red - this was actually a really eerie day, waking up to find the whole outside world looking like this!  We'd never seen anything like it, it looked like the whole world was on fire, but was actually the result of a dust storm to the west of us, which effected a lot of the east coast.

(Fancypants paper, Fancypants tag & stickers, Bella Chipz, various flowers)

(Bella Chipz, Rainbow Splendour felt butterfly)

(Rainbow Splendour felt flower cabachon, various flowers, Bella Chipz)

(American Crafts Thickers, the kraft ones have been covered in gold Stickles,
layered on top of a Tattered Angels mirror embellishment)

I loved including lots of 'nature themed' embellishments in this layout including flowers, birds and trees, not often do I scrap something other than my children...landscapes and weather are usually not my thing!  Good to step outside the comfort zone and scrap something different for a change.

Thanks for dropping in today :)

Cheers,
Sar

1 comment:

  1. What a fab page!! My fav part is the title with the circle underneath ... perfect! Oh, and the glitter alphas ... and the cluster ... so, basically everything really :D

    ReplyDelete