Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Sketchy Boards April Challenge

Layout #5 of my SFS scrappy visit was my take on this month's sketch at Sketchy Boards.

The sketch looks like this...


And had to use a colour palette like this...


At first I was kinda freaking out about the hexagons, but after finding a hexagon template to trace from I just started randomly cutting out papers from my kit to match this colour scheme.

Waiting to Perform - a photo of Bronte & I hanging out at WSDF eisteddfod in between dance sections, story of our life really...we spent a LOT of time at dance eisteddfods!  We do love it though, and get to spend time with our dancing friends in between.  This day we were hanging out on the grass in the sun, it was really lovely.

I have added some chipboard hexagons on top of my patterned paper for effect and layering.  I have painted these with liquid pearls and then painted over the top with stickles.  The background is using gelatos again, but it is a different effect on the Bazzill Eggshell cardstock which has lines across it...white cardstock is a MUST for me, my go to base and has been for awhile, not just since I've found the gelato technique.


(Prima flower, Purple Pumpkin button, Fancypants brad)

(WOW chipboard title, Basic Grey alpha stickers)

(October Afternoon label stickers, WOW wood veneer, Rainbow Splendour felt flower)

Only halfway through the month so still plenty of time to play along with April Challenges!  I hope you get some time to scrap soon!

Cheers,
Sar

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!!! The hexagons totally scare me too - but you've done an awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! The hexagons look good! Thanks for joining in with Sketchy boards this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow lovely page Sar thanks for joining us again this month

    ReplyDelete
  4. awsome work Sar :) thanks for playing with Sketchy board this month

    ReplyDelete