Thursday, April 24, 2014

April Savvy Cybercrop - My 54321 Challenge

We have started our Scrapbook Savvy Cybercrop a day early so you can get scrapping over the long weekend, with a whole extra day to get your layouts done!  I hope you all get a chance to scrap something over the next few days, I plan to get all the challenges done again like I did last month….sometimes its the only scrapping I do all month!
My challenge this month is a 54321 CHALLENGE and you need to include the following elements on your layout…

5 – EMBELLISHMENTS (I mean, good sized ones, like my flower, chipboard, etc)
4 – PAPERS
3 – DIFFERENT COLOURS OF INK OR MIST ON YOUR BACKGROUND
2 – WORDS IN YOUR MAIN TITLE
1 – PHOTO

My example layout features my Bronte with her dancing friend Brianna, being Girly Girls and playing in the cubby house.  I created this layout the other day ‘just because’…one of my favourite things is to just sit down and get messy, stick whatever is sitting in front of me on a page and make it work!  I have then taken the criteria for you, for this challenge.



Three of my five embellishments – I’ve counted my five embellishments as the two flowers, rhinestone flourish, chipboard bracket & chipboard chandelier.  I haven’t counted little embellishments like the buttons down the bottom, the ribbon or the rhinestones under the chandelier….so keep this in mind….I’m thinking FIVE BIG EMBELLIES!

My three background colours – teal, red & black.  I started with the teal inked through a Crafters Workshop template and then overlapped it with some mist sprayed through a different template.  When this was dry, I then stamped with black Tim Holtz Ink over the top of the other colours, using a Spiral Hero Arts background stamp.  I was taught this technique by the lovely Kerryn, I knew there was a reason she’s been on the Savvy DT since the very beginning…she is amazing!


My two worded title…wrapped around a chipboard bracket which I’ve painted with liquid pearls.

And finally my journaling which reads – Bronte & Brianna just being girly girls and playing in the cubby house @ our place.

To be in the running for some Savvy spending money, please upload your take on my challenge to the Savvy Gallery before midnight next Thursday 1st May 2014.

Head over the Facebook Event Page here or the Savvy Blog here and see what else we've got happening!!!

Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment