Sunday, May 8, 2011

A weekend for me!

This weekend is one just for all of us...both scrapbookers and mothers alike! To start the weekend we had National Scrapbooking Day on Saturday (which I have been accused of making up!) and today in Australia we celebrated Mothers Day. The weekend is just starting to wind down...as am I, currently sitting on the lounge in front of the footy, finding the time to blog while my wine is chilling in the freezer. =)

To celebrate National Scrapbooking Day and to get some mojo happening, some of the DT girls put up some 'mini challenges' in the forum, offering gifts of RAK's for those that took part. Now I can't win the prizes, but I was definitely inspired and got all three challenges done last night whilst cropping at Scrapbooking Delights.

First off I did Anthea's challenge which was to use only Black, White & ONE other colour. Now I may or may not have improvised a little and used cream as well as my other colour, but hey...I can't win so close enough, right?!

This is me & Dan before we went to my bestie Linda's wedding in 2002, before kids, when it was just us. I have used the new October Afternoon 5 & Dime range for this one which is now available in the Scrapbook Savvy store.


And some closeups.



Next up I did Kerryn's challenge which was a card challenge, perfect as I needed a card for my Mum today (although as she was sitting beside me at crop I had to tell her not to look!). Again I've used the OA 5 & Dime.


And lastly (but certainly not leastly) I did Sara's challenge. I've used papers from this kit that I've been using for AGES...finally using up all my scraps now. Anyone who knows me or scraps with me will know that I'm a tad anal about using up my stuff...and will use a kit again & again & again just to get the most value for money.

The journalling on this page read 'At Georgie's 4th B'day party there was a disco and all the little girls were going off! The just loved it. Cooper pretended he didn't...but I snuck around the corner & caught him doing the Macarena on the jumping castle. Busted Coop!'. To me this is what scrapbooking is all about, these funny stories that just don't get told by looking at the photo on its own.


All in all a successful night of scrapping for me. =)

Today, Mothers Day, I was lucky enough to have a sleep in and then was woken at 9am by cries of 'Happy Mothers Day' from my babies, bearing handmade gifts, a present from the mothers day stall at school and flowers fresh from Woolies. So sweet and Cooper showed his thoughtfulness in his choice of present by telling me he knew I liked those 'smelly sticks' (he got me vanilla oil & sticks along with a dayspa gift card, gorgeous boy).

We then spent the day at my Mum & Dad's, a lovely Sunday with all of my family which doesn't happen often enough these days.

Here I am with my babies...


and with my Mummy & big brother & sister...


Happy Mothers day peeps, hope yours was amazing. Till next time. xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! I just LOVE that LO of you and Dan at my wedding... actually, all of them are just stunning! You are so AWESOME to get so many done in a night... I struggled to get one done! Need to go to a crop again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. accalHappy Mothers Day Sar..sounds like an awesome way to wake up. This layout is gorgeous. I really like the photo ..!

    ReplyDelete