Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Catch up

So I've been a bad blogger! So many of us have been saying this of late...life just gets in the way sometimes, doesn't it?!

Last week was totally draining, Michael's funeral was last Wednesday and it was a really hard day. It totally hit me that day and I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. Being at the burial was the hardest thing ever, its just so final. I well and truly made up for the fact that I haven't really drank in two years, and totally wrote myself off! I can't really remember much about getting home at 10.30pm (yep, 12 1/2 hours after the funeral started) but Daniel reckons I was well and truly wobbly. I don't know that I felt better for drinking so much...but it definitely eased the pain a little on the day. The next day wasn't so good though...LOL!

The week brightened with my Cooper turning 4 on the Friday. I can't believe he is so grown up already, it amazes me every day watching my children grow. Here he is bright eyed on the morning of his birthday after opening his pressies.



We had a family dinner on the Friday night and then his party on the Saturday at the Fire Station. He was stoked and had an awesome day, I think the party was a hit with all the kids, they really enjoyed running around at the station and exploring the fire truck. Here's a couple of pics from the day.

The kids running around and around the fire truck...



Georgie having a go at the pinata...



The cake made by my lovely friend Deslie...didn't she do an awesome job!



And Cooper blowing out the candles...



Not very much scrapping to show off this week, after the draining week I had it was really hard to find any inspiration. I managed this LO on Sunday night for the August Sketch Challenge at Scrapbook Divas...even though it was too late to be in the running, it was good to get it done.



And I'm very proud to have won a prize for runner-up over at Scrapbook Divas for my 'Mummy Hearts Owls' LO in my last post. First time I've ever won anything scrap-wise! Such a great forum, I'm really enjoying my time there.

Here is my LO for this week's class for Chipboard School. Its basic as, was done last night at the absolute last minute and I really hadn't found my mojo still. But its done and I've learned the technique of stamping, colouring with gel pens & DM'ing...its actually a really good technique and hopefully I'll use it in the future on a better LO.





So its the start of September and I'm hoping to get more challenges completed this month than last. I didn't even get the monthly kit challenge done for Scrapbooking Delights! Every time I pulled it out I just couldn't do anything with it, then the end of the month came and went and I ran out of time. I think I may follow Alison & Anne-Marie's lead and make myself a to-do-list. I'll get that done and put it up next time I blog...then you all have to get me honest! LOL

I better go play with my kids, have been a busy bee doing typing work here and at Dad's most of today. Then I will be venturing into the scrap room tonight to see if my motivation has returned.

Bye for now,
Sar

1 comment:

  1. From one lurker to another, great pages! Thanks for your comment!

    I think I might have to do the "to do" list as well. I am getting so far behind in my scrapping list!! LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete